1993 Bridgestone XO-1
What's with the paint job? and the S&S couplers? See the full story on this frame here at Alex Wetmore's site.
The majority of the components on this bicycle came off a Paramount mountain bike that I bought at Recycled Cycles in Seattle, which had like-new early 90's Shimano components on it. The stem, bars, grips, and saddle came from Rivendell. The brakes were given to me by Alex Wetmore.
Here are the components:
- Front Derailleur - Shimano XT
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano XT
- Crankset - Shimano XT M-730, 175.0mm, 110/74 BCD, 48/34/24 chainrings
- Pedals - no-name platforms
- Shifters - Shimano XT 7sp Thumbies
- Brake Levers - Shimano XT SLR
- Stem - Nitto Dirt Drop, 26.0mm clamp with shim
- Bars - Nitto Albatross, CroMo, 56cm, 25.4mm clamp; with cork grips (love em)
- Brakes - Shimano STX cantilevers with Koolstop salmon pads
- Saddle - Brooks B-67
- Post - Ritchey Comp, two bolt, 27.2mm
- Front Wheel - Shimano XT M-730 hub, not sure on spokes (32), Araya RM-400 Pro rim
- Rear Wheel - Shimano XT M-730 hub, not sure on spokes (32), Araya RM-400 Pro rim 11-28 cassette
- Tires - Vittoria Randonneur Cross 26'x 1.75
- Fenders - Can't recall; they're the popular ones you see at all bike shops... with homemade mudflaps
- Basket - Wald, with quick release handle
Here is another picture:
- With m-bars - The bike with the moustache bars mounted.